Thursday, February 16, 2006

I make more than my husband

Not twice as much, but enough that it's noticeable on the monthly receipts. I get better benefits. I wear suits and hand out business cards. My husband wears pretty much whatever he wants and spends more time with our son than I do. My husband loves his job. On a good day, I don't hate mine. This seems precisely the reverse of the usual pattern. And while I don't love my job, I do like being the primary breadwinner. I like the power of it, the affirmation of my worth. I need to make a career change to something that gives me more satisfaction, I know that. But if my salary drops, I also know that I'll miss this feeling.

1 comment:

Plain(s)feminist said...

Not a comment on your blog, but on your comment on Molly's blog - thanks for offering to fight for SD women!! It is unreal here, but the support from around the country is overwhelming!