Thursday, March 25, 2004

running warm

This morning for the first time since maybe October, I felt warm running. I almost wanted shorts instead of tights, but not quite. Got a little excitement too: some meathead in a monster truck nearly ran me down and shouted at me bravely - from behind his tinted windows - to run on the sidewalk. If he ever got off his fat ass long enough to run a mile, he'd know that sidewalks are murder on your knees. And if he hadn't slept through whatever minimal education he has, he might know that I have as much right to that road as he does. These were the thoughts running through my mind as I finished up my run, which is too bad. There are lots of things I'd rather think about, but I tend to get hung up on things like the wetlands being destroyed for the new McMansion subdivision west of town. Gotta have that 4-car garage to park the SUVs, the boats, the ATVs, and of course, that monster truck.

No comments: