Sunday, December 07, 2008

Itinerary


There should have been a flight today, but my windshield was icing up as I drove to the airport so the general and I called it off. For my instrument flight training I have to get checked out on a plane I've never flown, a Piper Warrior, because it has the instrumentation I need.

It's not like driving a different car. Every plane's instruments are placed differently, its balance is different, you have to get used to it. This new plane is a low wing. I've only flown high wing Cessnas, although I've ridden a lot in the passenger seat of my friend's low-wing Mooney.

We're on for a Thursday night flight in the Warrior now. This is after meetings in Ames and Des Moines on Tuesday and Wednesday, and before a weekend over in the river hill country along the Mississippi, skiing with the girls and bitching about the men in our lives. I try not to think about the miles on the odometer.

No comments: