Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Baby, We Are BACK. Again.

Once upon a time, a decade or more ago, I wrote a blog. I'd forgotten all about it until a machine somewhere pinged me and said, "Hey, can we kill this or what?" I almost pressed DELETE, but then ... I looked. It's hard not to look at a little time capsule from your own life and this one's better than I expected. It's good to hear from that 14-years-ago me. In the intervening years I've moved, sold 2 novels, and gotten some bylines I never dreamed possible. People have let me down and lifted me up in ways I never would have predicted. Blogging got tiresome and I stopped, so this isn't a blog. It's just today. Today I'm thinking about applying for a fellowship in Berlin I'll never get, fostering Newfoundlands, and perfect phrases I came up with at 2 a.m. and need to insert into the new novel manuscript before the next mindwipe (brought to you by 8 year olds everywhere) occurs. I don't know where I'll be this time next year. It's Wednesday and I just got promoted to Suzuki violin book 4. It's today and life is good.

No comments: