Friday, January 16, 2004

My last blog ended in great vengeance and furious anger. I told the truth. I have a great weakness for telling the truth, regardless of how ill-advised it is, and law school failed to cure me. But this blog is entirely about ME - my triathlon training, my rash opinions, and my dog, who by definition cannot sue me. In this carefully delimited subject area I will try to keep things under control.

I'm working out of the Triathlete's Training Bible this year, just worked out my yearly training plan. I did several sprint distance triathlons last southern summer (in Australia, that is), so now I'm suffering through 2 winters back to back after moving up top. I have a 5k planned for February 1, but the main season will be June, July and August. That's what I'm training for.

A minor challenge on the horizon: finding a reasonably accessible pool. I live in a small town (3000 ish people) where the pool is only open in summer. The nearest masters squad is a half hour away and trains at 5:30 a.m. I'm still trying to get my head around the 4:45 am wake-up call. I'm a morning person, but that's not morning. That's a few hours after the late show got over.

No comments: