Friday, June 04, 2004

wake

Took the new wetsuit out to the lake for a trial run last night. It was great. Fit great, felt great, kept me warm, made me faster, all that good stuff. The swimming was a little weird, though. The flooding has made the beach disappear, but the buoy lines are still up, so the water was silty and opaque. Power boats kept buzzing by and setting up wake. The overall effect was a little like swimming in the ocean, but without the icky salt-in-the-mouth. Bottom line: love the wetsuit, should've gotten it sooner. And the Body Glide worked really well. The wetsuit slipped right off, no 5 minute struggle.

The only thing that worries me is that I got a bad headache again from swimming. It's not my goggles, they're very loose. The pain seems to be more across the high part of my forehead, or when it's really bad like a band around my entire head. It corresponds better to my swim cap than my goggles, but my swim cap is silicone and not that snug. I'm a little worried that it's something physically wrong with me causing pressure in my head when I stay in a swimming position for a while. It's apparently nothing to do with chlorine. Maybe I should just wear my swim cap for half an hour while hanging around the house and see what happens.

No comments: