Saturday, July 10, 2004

getting my exercise

Yeah. I am getting my exercise my dropping middle aged lawyers like a bad habit on the bar association cycling outing. Their bikes cost twice as much as mine. I take that back - they cost twice as much as my car. They have wheels I would kill for. But I'm faster. By the time I think to look around, they're gone behind me over the last rise and I have nothing but open roads and green fields ahead.

Cornman Triathlon is tomorrow. My father's extended tenure in this house has me so depressed I seem to sleep whenever I'm not absolutely required to be awake, working, doing my thing. The workouts are the only time I'm awake and fully present. Some guy on the bar outing was doing the Cornman too. "Cornwoman, I guess we should say. Pigwoman." He laughed. "I prefer beating men at the Cornman, Pigman," I said. "More glory to it."

No comments: