Tuesday, July 13, 2004

swimahoya!

Finally found the results for the Cornman. They'd posted them at a link on the Pigman site (go figure), so I had to google to find them. My time was 1:28:22 for 121st overall out of 221 competitors, 19 out of 48 women and exactly midpack in my age group. This is a few minutes faster than my Pigman time, plus my overall swim ranking was higher than I ranked for the bike and run! No way, you say? Way! My splits were slower than last time, but I think the course was a little longer because the buoys had blown over to one side. It was hard to go point-to-point along the buoy line. Among the women my bike leg was still my fastest, as usual, but I'm delighted to see the swim coming along. It took long enough. My transitions were fast and I was very consistent from event to event. If I can get just a little bit faster at each one it will make a big difference all around. The humidity is really killing me on the run. My times are way slower than they were down in the dry of Australia. I also need to stop taking water from the volunteers just because I think they're lovely people. It slows me down and gives me a sideache.

Oh and I beat that partner from my firm again. I don't think he's too happy. I wasn't even really racing, just doing it for a workout, not killing myself for time. Don't hate me because I'm (kinda) fast.

No comments: