Thursday, July 01, 2004

swim meet

Not mine, unfortunately. I went down to the local pool for my swim last night and there were cars everywhere. Odd, since the pool was supposed to be shut except for lap swim, which an average of 3 people attend. The pool deck was packed with people. I walked in to check it out, and the local swim club was having races. Kind of nice. Kids of all sizes flailing up and down, lots of cheering, loud music, a regular aquatic rodeo scene. Needless to say, lap swim was not taking place.

All suited up with no place to go, I rode my bike home and made dinner. I got a run this morning and felt good, no pain in my ribs, although I think I've lost some fitness in my legs. My knees always ache when I run after a break, before they harden up. There will have to be some long workouts over the long weekend to get ready for the Cornman Triathlon next weekend.

No comments: